Our research interests are chemistry and physics of aerosol and clouds in the atmosphere with the goal of mitigating air pollution and climate change.
- October 2016: Vikram presented a poster at AAAR in Portland and received one of 15 student poster awards! - Link
- August 2016: Aditya Kiran Srikakulapu joined Nakao group as a new MS student.
- August 2016: Gautham successfully defended his MS thesis!
- May 2016: New publication: Clark et al., ES&T, Temperature effects on secondary organic aerosol (SOA) from the dark ozonolysis and photo-oxidation of isoprene.
- May 2016: New publication: Carrico et al., JGR, Rapidly evolving ultrafine and fine mode biomass smoke physical properties: Comparing laboratory and field results.
- May 2016: New publication: Li et al., ES&T, Novel Approach for Evaluating Secondary Organic Aerosol from Aromatic Hydrocarbons: Unified Method for Predicting Aerosol Composition and Formation.
- May 2016: New publication: Levin et al., JGR, Ice Nucleating Particle Emissions from Biomass Combustion and the Potential Importance of Soot Aerosol.
- March 2016: New publication: Li et al., ACP, Role of methyl group number on SOA formation from monocyclic aromatic hydrocarbons photooxidation under low-NOx conditions.
- November 2015: Li et al. in open discussion, ACPD.
- October 2015: Vikram and Gautham gave poster presentation at AAAR in Minneapolis. Gautham's poster won the student poster award. Congrats!
- July 2015: Nakao group was awarded a NYSERDA contract to research wood smoke chemistry. [Clarkson News]
- May 2015: Fabio and Mercia joined the group for summer research. Welcome!
- Dec 2014: Xu et al., Atmos. Environ. published.
- Oct 2014: Jayarathne et al., ES&T published.
- Oct 2014: McCluskey et al., JGR published.
- August 2014: Vikram Pratap and Gautham Anusuya Sekar joined the group. Welcome!
- July 2014: Nakao et al., AMT, published